Completed in 1877, this ornate vaulted glasshouse was designed by FDG Stanley the Government Architect and located adjacent the current lily ponds near the Rainforest Garden. By the 1890s the vaulted roof was replaced with a mansard shape. It was finally demolished after the 1974 flood. Source: QSW 125-2-1 with photos SLQ/JOL APA-016-01-0018 c1890 and 1900s view Hilda Brooks Collection)