Called the Superintendent’s Cottage it was built in 1859 and also designed by Charles Tiffin the Government Architect. This view taken in 1870 and perhaps the two women featured are Mrs Hill and her daughter Anne. It was the mould and lack of ventilation in the house that blamed for the early death of Anne in 1875. She became the second person interred in the new Cemetery at Toowong. The bad ventilation and termites also attacked Walter Hill’s herbarium collections. (Source: SLQ/JOL 62321)